- Do get a good hair cut regularly - Avia in Carlton - see Stefano
- Do get your hair coloured to match your age
- Do get enough exercise - at least half an hour a day
- Do Yoga at least once a Week.
- Life at Balwyn Yoga has us convinced. Posture and holding that pose, beats running through the streets of Melbourne any day, or slogging it out at some crazy gym. We've been finding the path to this door for some time now and it really pays off. It is certainly very satisfying to have some BYT (Bright Young Thing) on the floor beside you who can't keep up the pace or even touch their toes. Our fantastic teacher of an uncertain senior age is truly inspirational. She can do the splits like no one else in her age bracket. In fact we can't wait to get to her age bracket if that's what you can do. No life ahead on walking frame for us!
What's the best thing about a change in Season in Melbourne?The change of season in Melbourne signals a change in fashion of course! Love it. Here in Melbourne there is a rush to bring us the next season as quickly as possible. Barely have our summer tans faded and out comes the new season fashions, boots, woollens, the lot. We fashion lovers at Bella & Grace culture used to moan about this push, but now we use it to our advantage. Now is the time to start thinking about your own wardrobe. What are the gaps, what is definitely passed it's prime and what do you want to adopt of the new season? Rememember, not everything suits everyone. So the strategy for all of this - start getting out the old season. Dust off the moth balls and have a serious look at your collection. Get ready to cull and then add. Here's the good bit. All of the stuff you spy now will be on sale when you really want to wear it, so don't feel compelled to adopt it right away. Thanks retailers - we love this early bird process you've forced on us. Today we headed down to Hawksburn in Malvern Rd and then over to Toorak. First a little light lunch in Husk, then off to cast an eye over the wares! Starting to warm to a few new pieces. The short leather biker jacket or an aviator one with shearling lining and collar? Now for boots - over the knee - be careful you don't end up looking like some weird dominatrix, or a short suede wedge heel which have those skinny jeans tucked into them. Also lace up desert boot styles with wedge heels in various other shoe shops. For now those cute little wedges are beginning to tempt. Just got to find the ones which aren't perilously high and you can actually walk in them. Saw a lot of these in Europe recently. We took a peek in Seed, Witchery and Giallo for starters. A little diversion at Simon Johnson in Toorak, for some Marriage Freres tea, which is a must. They have an ample supply of lovely varieties, despite the fact they are not exactly nearby the Marriage Freres tea rooms in Paris. Our favourites are the Vanille and Marco Polo. If in Paris we also like Grande Augustine. Although expensive you only need a little as it best weak and without milk. Srill saving for that apartment in Paris to drink this stuff permanently!. Over the road to Max Mara who had their new Winter Collection in store complete with luxurious fabrics and superb tailoring as usual. Definitely worth a look for the forthcoming season and also to pick up their lovely catalogue to peruse at home.
Don't forget to cast one more glance over those summer sale racks - still might be a little treasure lurking too.
After lunching in our favourite cafe at the back of Husk in Hawksburn (recommendations for the chicken sandwiches and open style sandwiches) and considering the latest leather jackets with shearling collars as featured in all the O/S mags and web sites such as the Sartorialist. Speaking of which, we can’t get enough of this site for great ideas and vicarious travel to all our favourite destinations. Style, style, style!Such a cute village style atmosphere with chain stores and individual stores. Pick up a lasagne from Donini’s for dinner and all is well. Happy planning readers - plenty of productive days ahead of us yet.
Ciao from B&G
What do to when you need to act with Grace?